Sunday, January 17, 2010

Timeline of my ciao




phases of my vespa ciao.

This is a photo from the day I picked up my ciao
 titled, not running for 100 bones.( thank you greg!! )
I was in love with it from the second I saw the damn thing.
I really didn't know anything about vespas but through all the vespa related moped blogs i learned a lot.
Thank you vespa bloggers.

Click over there to see more...




This photo was probably taken about 5 seconds after the moped entered my garage. I have to mess with stuff.
Tomos forks, clubmans and a motron seat. yuckkkkkkk.


Me getting dangerous with a grinder up top and on bottom I'm mocking up the top tube.
-garelli forks /avanti wheel, and flat bars. I think it looks better.


top tube, rear fender, welded along with every joint. also cut of the fork lock and filled that hole in


primed, should have just used a white primer but i didn't. 
painted!


after getting it painted i decided i wanted to bondo things...

mostly together! with new forks!

together! new forks and square style seat

new tires, the right triple tree, buzzetti side stand, and a fresh engine cover.

Finally!! this weekend Brad from Piaggio Projects drove up from Michigan to drop off an the rest of the parts I needed to get it running and we did some work to his bravo frame(he has photos up on his blog of his bike ... it's SUPARR sick!)
I got it all together last night with the help of jesse and brad, and took it for a wild ride  at 11:30pm in the slushy minnesota streets.So much fun.
It's not quite done yet but its very close.
here it is and what it has


-1979vespa ciao frame
-ebr forks
-70cc polini
-malossi cases and crank
-simonini calibrata
-dellorto 19mm
-simonini CDI
-polini preformance variator
and fly ruben pedals.


i want to give a big THANKS!! to everyone who has helped me out with this bike, it means alot.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah man! i know i saw it in person and all. but i wanted to leave you a comment on it fo sho. good work. i can't wait to ride with you and jesse in louisville. i can't stop thinking about my moped...it's crazy. i think that tomorrow i'm going to start cleaning out the tank with evaporust and then stripping it and then bondo. yep. also, been working on those fender flag designs, they're coming along nicely

Brandon said...

good to know you made it home safe! i was going to text you but remembered you were out. very excited to see your bike finished and for fender flags. thanks for everything brad! glad you came out.

Wadowski said...

looks great man. i heard you had an experience with the crazy ciao the other night; wild Italians can't be tamed man. ha ha. Keep a healthy fear of the power you have there.

If you guys make it to Louisville, you have a place to stay with me. I promise you that you will not be disappointed.

Philip Patrie said...

I dunno about Wadowski, I've seen his place, you probably will be disappointed.

Brandon said...

i have to go to louisville, must ride that skatepark, and it will be my first rally. can't wait.

Justin said...

wow this thing is a beauty.