Saturday, February 13, 2010

wires and things.

Today I finished the wiring on the ciao. I have always hated wiring, and I still do. It's like that weird annoying kid that you hate being around, but one day you realize why that person is the way they are and they are suddenly not so bad... anyway  the more I understand the more I don't mind it so much but still not a fan.

The grey and orange box on the right is a regulator-rectifier (R-R) from an old snowmobile, regulates the voltage and switches the current from AC to DC. I decided to go with one of these so could run an LED Taillight and not  worry about blowing it out.
The problem with the R-R was I wanted to have working brake lights, and there was only one wire coming out of it. I called a buddy of mine who works on car electrical systems and he told me that i needed a relay and that's what the black box to left of the R-R is, it's from an automatic car starter my dad had laying around. Thanks dad! Works beautifully.
After getting the tail light working I wired up my kill switch. It nearly fit perfectly inside my fork/headset top nut. i took a minute sanded down the edges and she slid right into place. 
IT LIGHTS UP! 
As you can probably tell, and its very bright. Not really sure if I'm going to keep it illuminated or disconnect it, seems like it may get annoying but right now I'm psyched on it.

Also has all new cables, new polini variator plate because the one I had was allll bent, painted my pipe black, made a license plate bracket and tossed on some M bars but I'm not to sure how I feel about them yet.
All that is really left to do is fix my forks and tune everything. 
Eventually I'm going to add another tail light, powder coat the forks wheels and pipe and have the frame professionally painted but not anytime soon. 

Derek if you're reading this, I want to see some photos of you and baby G spending quality time together.

late

Ps. I lost my camera charger... so yeah, cell phone photos. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man, your wiring job looks so good. sets a standard for my wiring to try and reach with my project i think. that kill switch is my favorite part, i would like to try something like that as well i think. anyways, thanks for the last payment man, i think you'll be getting your package today if you haven't gotten it already.